Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I work out....

So I decided about a month ago to say "yes" to a fitness challenge group. I had been working out about everyday with no results. WTF?? I use to be able to get myself in shape before (oh... I must be getting old. Ok seriously.. I am now older than I was when I started this post. PFFFTT!)

A friend of mine had just done one and was looking pretty darn good so I figure.. why not!
The biggest fear I had with this PRIVATE (since it is on FB) group was that you are to post "before" pics. Uhhhh like I want to see myself flexing or let anyone else see that. Not that I think I am fat or anything.. but I LOVE FOOD and I must subconsciously want to protect my muscles with a layer of fat. I sucked it up... with the encouragement of my other girlfriend who say "yes" with me and posted the collage of Meghan. Once I have "after" pictures, I MIGHT post the before's on here. We'll see.

A month into it, I have to say that I really enjoy this group. No one judges.. even if you ate ice cream or didn't work out. It is more of a support/accountability group. I have found myself wanting to workout just so I don't have to post that I didn't. LOL. I also switched up my workout from the usual running to an at home DVD that includes weights, etc. I REALLY love it. I tried the at home DVD: Insanity and after a week somehow had hurt my arm. Talk about feeling sheepish... I hurt my arm, at home, alone, working out. And I use to think I was athletic.

We also have a different "thing" to do each Wednesday... i.e: lunges, squats, etc. The lunge one was my favorite as I was in SF during that day and I made my friends join along in the "fun".

Everybody... get low

So, I figured the more I am public with my new challenge, the more I have to be accountable for (esp since I was so hungover this past weekend I didn't workout at all... just cannot bounce back like I use to. ohhhh... that is that age thing again. DAMN)

And just to make it clear... instead of eating chocolate right now... I decided to write a blog post. FUCK.. I still want chocolate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment